Saturday, April 2, 2011

Simply Saturday

I was lucky enough to be able to spend most of this afternoon in my sewing room. It seems to becoming a Saturday speciality for me lately...not that I'm complaining ;) I've been toying with the idea of making needle books to sell in my Etsy shop. I have one which I made a few years ago, and I use it a lot. So this afternoon I sat at my table surrounded by a rainbow of felt and embroidery floss...bliss! I rotary cut the larger pieces of felt, and then cut out some smaller shapes to play around with designs. 


I always find red is  a difficult colour to photograph. I love how the flower turned out, with the french knots in the center. I haven't worked with felt much before this, but really enjoyed it, and I've found it to be a very easy material to use. It's also nice to get back into embroidering, which I have done since I was 12, but which has taken a back seat over the years as other sewing/knitting/crochet projects have been pursued.


No comments:

Post a Comment