Friday, August 5, 2011

A New Addition

This little beauty arrived in the mail on Monday...

Padauk & Pau Rosa Turkish Spindle
31g
 ...and even though it had been a long flight from England, there was no rest! I have been so keen to try spinning on a Turkish that I quickly grabbed some undyed merino top and started spinning. It spins like a dream.

After I had finished the small merino sample, I got some fibre out of my stash and started spinning for real!

Merino Twice Blend Rainbow Top
'Wildberry'
Once the yarn is spun, winding it around the arms of the spindle is quite a relaxing process. On my drop spindles, I wind it round without a care, but on the Turkish, I find I take my time, so it looks very pretty.

Just as pretty on the bottom!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! I just recieved a spinning themed swap, so now it's time to start learning! :D

    ReplyDelete