Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taking The Pledge

For a long while now, I've enjoyed reading the Wardrobe Refashion blog. The idea behind the blog is to take a pledge of 2, 4, 6 months of life, and stop buying commercially made clothing for the duration of your pledge. Instead, members make their own clothes by refashioning those they already have, bought from thrift shops, or make from scratch.

I have joined for 6 months...to start with ;) Sewing my own clothes was a way of life for me during my teens and twenties, but it has fallen by the wayside in over the last 10 years or so. I am looking forward to this challenge. I have some items which I want to refashion, some are mine, others have been given to me. I also have fabric and patterns at the ready...and have been stalking ebay like a demon, I've won a couple of dress lengths at incredible prices! I do love a bargain ;P

***Edit...Sunday, November 7...Nikki has just posted an announcement on the WR blog to say that in the coming weeks WR will close to new members and posts. I will be keeping to my WR pledge though, and post my progress here instead =D

No comments:

Post a Comment