There's nothing to compare to home baked cakes, muffins etc. Today is overcast and cool, unlike the last few days which have been very steamy, so it's a perfect day to rev up the oven and make sultana muffins...
Here is the recipe...keep in mind, I'm not a 'by the recipe' kind of cook, and I rarely weigh anything :) This mixture will make 2 dozen muffins, or one large cake.
Pre-heat oven to 180C
* 200g margarine
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 eggs
* ½ cup milk
* 200g sultanas
* 2-3 cups SR flour
1. Cream sugar and margarine.
2. Add lightly beaten eggs...then slowly add milk.
3. Add sultanas (today, there was a very ripe banana in our fruit bowl, so I added that as well).
4. Add flour, ½ cup at a time, and stir in.
5. Add to muffin tins or large cake tin.
*** Cooking times: Muffins...approx 15-20 minutes
Cake...approx 1-1½ hours.