Wednesday, February 20, 2013

At Last!


2 years and 1½ months after she was cast on, Lady Kina is off the needles!!! One of my 2013 goals is realised, albeit a little over schedule. Mum is pleased with how she's turned out, and even more pleased to finally have possession of her :) Now, I can resume sock knitting and turn my attention to my next project,
Baileys Irish Cream, which is going to be for me, made from this yarn, or this yarn...I'm yet to decide.

The only valid reason I have for taking so long is that for the most part I didn't enjoy knitting with cotton. It doesn't have any give like wool, and as I am a firm knitter, moving the stitches along the needles became a real pain in the patootie. I loosened my tension slightly, switched to Knit Pro acrylic needle tips, and the knitting became much more enjoyable.I wouldn't rule out knitting with cotton again, but I have definitely ruled out a project that is solely stockinette stitch!

The yarn is Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton, 8ply, in the discontinued Noir. It is a proper black, but for some reason it is looking a little charcoal in these pics...my quality control inspector is not at all pleased ;)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finally finishing it. I know your mum is very pleased, even if it's late. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent work on the Lady Kina. Your mum will not mind that it is late after seeing it!

    ReplyDelete