Sunday, February 26, 2012

Adding To The Handspun Stash

From this...


..to this...

Merino, 40g, 14 wpi
The fibre was one of my first attempts at hand dyeing. In my head, I had visions of pale pink, soft green and patches of white...I was sure surprised when this came out ;)  My spinning has been sorely neglected of late, but I had started plying this and put it aside until yesterday.

This was my first attempt at fractal spinning, which I started on a challenge day of last years Tour de Fleece. Fractal spinning creates a kind of self striping yarn...I'm keen to knit this up into something to see how it turns out.


5 comments:

  1. look at you !! i would just LOVE to learn this art of spinning fluff into knittables. my son wants angora rabbits , and i am thinking oh yes ! i'll be picking off fluff when he's not looking....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...thank you! I'd say yes to the angora rabbits...not just cute, but useful as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This yarn is so pretty! It reminds me of summer and watermelon!

    ReplyDelete