Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year...

I love the first day of a year, we wake up with a clean slate, and for me, January 1st is a chance to put everything behind me, and look forward to whatever the new year may bring. This year, if everything runs to plan, it will bring 12 new knitted items as planned in my 12 in 2011 list (rav link). I started preparations last night by finally getting the Diminishing Rib Cardigan (rav link) off the needles! It turned out to be quite a frustrating knit at times. I started over twice, gauge issues, then I ripped the sleeves back, as the ribbing was quite heavy. I'm glad I did all that, because there is a finished cardigan which the recipient (my Mum) absolutely loves, and which the knitter (moi) is pleased to say is her work ;) I just need to block it and then take pictures.